Subject: RE: FLASH: Simple Javascript for IE 3.02 or lower?
From: David L. Rice
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 19:19:11 +0100

> I am a new shocker....beginner..~smile~...but willing to learn...I have a
> problem with shockflash file...can you solve this!

So are a lot of us--just jump in with both feet, hang on, and learn from the
guys who know what they are doing... ;)

> ...But I encounter a problem
> that I cannot figure out, which I use font for my buttons..but when is
> appear into my screen on the browser looks jaggy and ugly...looks like
> no postcript or something. I wondering what causing that and how i can
> fix that problem?

Part of this I think (but may be wrong) is the fact that both your <OBJECT>
and <EMBED> tags are set to autohigh instead of high. Also, you might want
to check your aliasing settings within your movie file.

> and also I double check my shockflash file (after I upload to server)
> into another computer...and the result is not showing up...the say need
> plug ins..and I download shockflash plugins for all media (2
> times)..still not showing up....??? Know why?

What they (and your own machine possibly) need may simply be to set the MIME
types on their servers. A web server has to be configured to accept the
following two MIME types: application/futuresplash with a file extension of
.spl, and application/x-shockwave-flash with file extension .swf.

> I appreciate it if you can answer my question...thank you very much.

Hope it helps.

> With Kindest Regards,
>
> Danny Wirianto
> Digital Artist
> http://www.dnx.net/wirianto/interactive.html

Cheers,
--
David L. Rice -- dlriceatbsdlabs [dot] com (mailto:dlriceatbsdlabs [dot] com)
Black Swan Development Labs -- http://www.bsdlabs.com