Subject: FLASH: Copyright issues (OT?)
From: Rob Brewster
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:46:49 +0100

Hi folks,

> You should contain all copyrights unless theres a written and
> signed agreement
> otherwise.
>
> -DG-

David's comments in answer to another thread triggered something that I was
meaning to ask earlier. What is the general feeling regarding copyright on
sites. Do most of you retain ownership of the site or pass it over to your
clients once completed. Do you separate the code from the content on this
issue?

I am starting a web design business in Australia and will hopefully do a lot
of Flash work along with the normal HTML stuff. One hurdle I am having is
putting together terms and conditions and also a contract for people to sign
before creation of the site begins. I found a solicitor who knows a lot
about IT stuff but his prices were not affordable for a fledgling company
such as mine. Any help in this area would be REALLY appreciated.

I apologise for the Off-topic nature of this post but I thought others may
be interested in the answers it generates also.

Cheers
Rob Brewster
Aztech Designs Pty Ltd.