Subject: Re: FLASH: GGGGRRRR Yahoo! and Shockwave 7 :Þ
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:08:07 +0100

> (Q) What's the simplest way to play a SWF?
> (A) Get the Flash Player... it's very small and loads in a flash.

View a Flash3 file that had the HTML published by the software. MACR sets the
CABS to 4,0,0,0 so the annoying "you need to upgrade" pops up even though you
may not need it to view the available application/.swf file. Real good then.

> (Q) If someone advises Mac users to avoid Shockwave 7.02, do they "know
> what they're talking about"?
> (A) They're likely vulnerable to drawing conclusions on slight evidence...
> although some Mac forums have advised people to do partial manual deletions
> (!), there are still tens of thousands of easy and successful installs each
> day.

What if someone advises all users to avoid Shockwave 7.02?

> If the actual desired question was something else, then please advise.

No, I just want to see that last one answered.