Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash Player 5
From: JGL
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:37:06 +0100

>MM's decision to release a beta is causing crises for your project
First off, this isn't a project - it's a done site - 4 months done with ZERO
problems. All carefully built conforming to the MM rules of building a Flash
Site.

I was pretty upset about that yesterday - damn right! . . . I was
inadvertantly sending people to the download page. It says:

"Flash Player lets you experience animation and entertainment in your Web
browser. Follow the three simple steps below to get your free Web player.

Get Macromedia Flash Player 5 Beta NOW"

This client pays upwards of a $1 per new hit to this site. Yeah I'm pissed.

>What's lacking is much support from other designers,

I have posted several pleas that did not make it to the list . . . as I am
sure there are others that are not here for you to read too Ken.

And BTW, I reported this BUG immediately, 10 minutes after I got the
5player. Look at the archives, Ken.

I have been in contact with MM engineering and QA. The answer is the same.
Big waste of time for me.

It makes absolutely NO SENSE to continue to distribute this player as it is.
No sense whatsoever.

But since I am one of only seven reported sites affected by this . . .just a
law of averages thing I guess.

The client spent a good deal of money having this site made. He spends over
a $1 per new hit. That 1/3 of newcomers that need to upgrade/install don't
get that opportunity - they are being sent straight to the html site. Big
waste of money, Ken

I spent part of my day yesteday helping two people 'FIX' thier computers
after this site I developed locked their system. Nice, uh?

MM is smart about allot of things - this public distrubution of a buggy
player is plain stupid.