Subject: Re: FLASH: HELP! This button won't work!
From: wagnercm
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 07:39:18 +0100

(I'm sending from a different address - this is Flash Gordon
oneflashtwelveathotmail [dot] com )

Ok I figured it out... here's what I did...
I redid the symbol with an invisible button over it with the following:

On (Roll Over)
Go to and Play (_currentframe+1)
End On
On (Roll Out)
Go to Next Frame
End On

Then I placed the symbol in a new movie clip called "storspin" and
called
the instance of the original clip "999"
The 1st frame had this:

Begin Tell Target ("999")
Go to and Stop (1)
End Tell Target
Stop

That made the movie stop at it's beginning so that the star wasn't
rotating
when you first see it.

Then I placed the movie clip "storspin" in the main timeline and named
it
"storspin1"
Over that I placed another invisible movie clip with the following: (it
includes the tell targets for the action I want the button to accomplish
on
the main timeline)

On (Roll Over)
Begin Tell Target ("/storspin1/999")
Go to and Play (_currentframe+1)
End Tell Target
End On
On (Release)
Begin Tell Target ("/bontac")
Go to and Play (2)
End Tell Target
End On
On (Roll Out)
Begin Tell Target ("/bontac")
Go to and Stop (1)
End Tell Target
Begin Tell Target ("/storspin1/999")
Go to and Stop (_currentframe+1)
End Tell Target
End On

Now to accomplish this with each button, I have to name each "storspin"
movieclip with a different instance name (storspin2, storspin3, etc.). A

little work - but finally the buttons will work!!!

I'm posting this 'cause it might help someone else...

-Flash Gordon

Kind of roundabout, but it works!!!

http://www.motiveeight.com/m82.zip (the fla file)>
> In Scene 2:
> The upper-right starbutton
> The symbol is named "starbutt"
> In that symbol is the symbol "starspin copy"
>
> Next to it is the symbol "contact" with an instance name of "bontac"
>
> I have assigned the proper Tell Target actions to the button to make
it a
> rollover and play the symbol "contact"
> However, it is not working.
>
> In fact, when one mouses-over the rotating stars ("starbutt" button)
the