Subject: RE: FLASH: flash 5 player too fast
From: JGL
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 00:08:32 +0100

Yep, that's what I was thinking too. The new 5 player seems more efficient
at displaying frame rate (don't know how) and it looks like more control is
available at specifying such. My 18fps movies run real fast but when I drop
the rate to 12, it seems back to normal.

Note: The movie loaded at level 0 dictates frame rate even if you load a
movie at a high level with a higher frame rate.

I appreciate the apparent new efficiencies of the 5 player. I think the best
approach is to require player 5 and so you can drop the frame rate of your
movies to make them play the same as before.

I guess through all this 5 player beta stuff, that was one of my beefs too.
Movies do play much faster with 5. And since I couldn't/shouldn't require
the 5 player as a viewing tool for my sites, I didn't like the 5 player in
public hands. My sites were looking clumsy when running to fast.

But it also should be noted that in regards to this, the 5 player does not
display content the same as player4. Player 5 plays all my movies and others
I checked much faster.

This *is* a consideration in light of the fact we are asked to report
differences of content display. Maybe not a bug, but a concern.

Did you note this to the feedback address:
flash5_playeratmacromedia [dot] com

jgl