Subject: Re: FLASH: HELP ME PLEASE
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:47:42 +0100

Well there are generally only two possibilities, browser
problems or server problems.

It sounds like you're using netscape, so reinstall the
plug-in and give it another shot. Take a look at for notes
on installing/uninstalling the plug-in.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/player.html

If that doesn't work, you can try reinstalling the browser
AND the plug-in, or maybe try Opera. It works a lot like
Netscape, and if it has a broken plug-in icon (after
you've installed the plug-in for Opera), then I would
suggest the problem is on the server side. It might also
be useful to try the page on different machines, and in IE.
If it consistently works in IE and not Netscape or Opera,
I'd suggest that the problem is on the server side again.

A server side problem could be the result of faulty
object/imbed tags (use the publish command from Flash
to get the correct tags, and don't tinker with them) in your
HTML. Maybe there is a problem with the SWF (re-
upload it, and make sure you are uploading in binary
mode). The MIME settings on the server may also be
messed up. Check out:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/mimetype_check.htm

If you can post a link here, someone might have another
suggestion.

Good luck ;)

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com
gcainesatneometrixsystems [dot] com

> Please please please I need help and I'm on a deadline -----
>
> I have an regular swf, complete with detection script and whatnot. (stuff
> I've used a million times before successfully)
> I load it on the web, everything's fine.
> I add some sound (as a separate swf, I use load movie in the first frame
of
> the main movie)
> I load it on the web again.
> Now ----
> the detection works right cause it takes me to the movie, but instead of
the
> movie I get a broken plug-in link with a link under that says "click here
> get the plug-in".
> so, I take the sound out, take out load movie, and STILL the broken link
> thing.
>
> WHat the HELL HaPPENED?
> I am so sick of the web!!!!!!
>
> If anyone can help me please do! : } thank you!
>
> Sarah E. Lamont
> élan communications
> graphic designer
> 412.475.0268
> slamontate-g [dot] com

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list