Subject: Re: FLASH: Levels
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:09:57 GMT

At 07:48 AM 12/11/98 +1100, you wrote:

> I'm a little confused - How do I know what level is what?
> What do I use levels for?
>
> _level 1
> _level 4 etc... means nothing to me .. and I've completed a flash site...
>
> Jim.

the Flash player can run more than one movie at once. You achieve this by
using the Load Movie command, choosing a level (anything other than 0,
which is
reserved for the initial movie and which, if replaced, empties all other
levels), and designating a .swf file in the same server directory as the movie
to be loaded. Movies atop one another are literally layered -- one movie can
be a landscape, another can be a bird that appears to fly over the landscape.
Level 2 is superimposed on levels 0 and 1, etc. Movies can be present but
invisible -- to do this, have them "parked" (stopped in an empty frame). It's
analogous to having movie clips stacked in layers in one Flash movie.

The underscore (_) is used in TellTarget, which is the device by which one
movie can tell another to go somewhere.

Marc Hoffman