Subject: Re: FLASH: Randomizing
From: mingo
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 05:48:12 GMT

Hi John,

>The Random Movie Clip should be in a Layer in the first (or possibly
>second) frame in the Movie and have only empty frames in that layer >all
>the way to the end of the movie.
>
>If using frame actions to activate the Random Actions you need to make
>sure there is suffiecient play time before the first Random event is
>selected to insure that the first event will be random.

I have tried using frame action in the beginning to avoid user
intervention, but couldn't obtain a random results, cos I think by fixing a
specific timeline for the main movie, the results of the MC would be the
same...so there won't be a random result.

This is wat I've done, correct me if I'm wrong.

In my main movie (total 10frames), there are two layers.

1st layer consist of MC(random) and MC(graphic) (MC- Movie Clip)

Details of MC :
MC(random)
- 4 empty keyframe, each have an Tell Target (TT) action to Goto frame
1-4 of MC(graphic) respectively.

MC(graphic)
- 4 keyframe with each consists a different text, park at 1st frame

Then at the last frame of my main movie(10th frame), I have a frame action,
i.e. TT to MC(random) to stop.

When I test run the movie, it always stop at the same frame in the
MC(graphic). Did I do sthg wrong ??

(Hope you can understand wat I mean, I can be quite long winded sometimes
..haha..pardon my poor English)

adios,
mingo

*** Welcome ***