Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: What happens if a 25fps movie get's loaded toa12fps one?
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 01:34:56 GMT

>Ahh ... sorry never mind then. But one can also stretch out (or decrease) an
>animation length (by Comm-click / right-click) ... and not just add blank
>keyframes, but actually modify the length of an animation (or what ever). This
>is how I've accomplished stretching or compressing animations or transitions

Again, this will only add frames at the point being "stretched." It will
not redistribute keyframes at other places in the timeline. So, if you
have a single tween and you want to change its duration, your technique is
fine. I've used it lots myself. But it won't work over an area that
encloses keyframes.

In other words, lets say you have a timeline with frames (represented by
o's) and keyframes (represented by X's):

oooXooooooXooooXoXooXooX
you can change it to:
oooXooooooooooooooooXooooXoXooXooX (dragging out the second keyframe)
or:
oooXooooooXooooXoXooXooXoooooooo (dragging outthe end)
or:
oooXXooooXoXooXooX (dragging IN the second keyframe 'til it's beside the
first keyframe).

What you cannot do in a single "stretch" is:
ooooooXoooooooooooooXoooooooooXoooXoooooXoooooXo (stretch the length of the
timeline while retaining the relative proportions of time between keyframes).

Marc Hoffman