Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Your Professional opinion...
From: Al Rosetti
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:13:52 GMT

Hey Bob, well.....
I suppose I like Alien Skin best of all because of the simple Drop shadow
and beveling effects BUT....
the better I got at graphic design the less I used it. Now it's not even on
my system, although I plan to put it back on in the near future.

Lately I've been using a lot of Kai Power Tools. I used to think that
program STUNK! Everything it did looked so freaky and drug induced so I
avoided it like the plague. However, the better I got, the more I learned
how to control these effects and make boring layouts a little more
interesting with it. Now, I actually like it a lot.

One last plug-in I like is Genesis VFX. I'm using the Photoshop version,
but the 3Dmax version was used in the movie like Lost In Space. I didn't
see it, but I'm sure the special effects were good. Anyway, it creates all
sorts of lighting effects that are really cool. If you'd like to see a demo
I did for a comic book company that uses Genesis and I think some Kai head
on over to www.websitepartners.com/chaosdir
I didn't get the job, but I liked it enough to leave it online just for fun.
I think the best pic is in the lower right.

sincerely,

Al Rosetti
http://www.websitepartners.com