Subject: Re: [Re: FLASH: EPS, FH8, SWF and FLASH]
From: Clayton Pelton
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:36:21 GMT

Hi, been using Flash since Flash 2...just signed up to the list here...so I
apologize if this has already been said.

I don't know about Freehand 8, but I do have Freehand 7 here with the patches
installed from Macromedia and I can output to a .swf file directly by going to
the xtras>create menu...

This is how I create the majority of my Flash objects since the percision of
Freehand is somewhat better than the Flash drawing tools.

My other option is simply doing every thing in Adobe Illustrator and importing
the files as .ai, however I have some trouble bringing in the gradient fills.

Clayton Pelton

wainbergatmaine [dot] rr [dot] com wrote:
I was wondering along similar lines, but since I've only got the trial
versions of Flash 3 and Freehand 8 and have only been at it a week or so, I
figured I'd play around a bit more. But now that Ashley has brought it up..

I've had good luck (and lot's of fun) creating simple animations in just the
Flash application, but I've had little luck importing artwork from Freehand.

Since Macromedia is bundling these programs as the "Design in Motion Suite,"
I expected exceptional compatability and integration between the two. As far
as I can tell at this point, that's not the case. The accompanying
tutorials and documentation hardly acknowledge Freehand/Flash compatability
except for Freehand's abilitly to save files in .swf format. At the very
least I see no advantage to using Freehand over other vector drawing
programs to create artwork for use in Flash animations. Am I missing
something?