Subject: Re: [Re: AW: FLASH: OT: Rates]
From: Clayton Pelton
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:47:28 GMT

I often take it upon myself to create a couple of pages for them to look at so
they can visualize what it is I am saying. To do this I often try to stick
with the base Idea that the person had started with and either reorganize or
pizzaz it a bit. I then print the pages out for a hard copy presentation.
The one thing you don't want to do is give them access to the digital files
that you have create...or upload them for viewing. Anyone with even a little
experience in HTML can get that source and steal the graphics.

Clayton Pelton

> Bonnie Bucqueroux wrote:
>
> > The discussion about ending up with the wrong person certainly rings true
for me
> > right now. I am trying to persuade my regional Chamber of Commerce to
have me
> > redo their site, as part of a package where I would provide discounted
website
> > development to their members -- a valued-added package that they could
offer
> > their 2100 members. But the director of communications for the Chamber is
the
> > same guy who put up their current two-page utterly dreadful Front Page
site.

Ah yes, the only guy in the office who knew how to turn on the computer made
the
web-site. Typical story.

>But how do I persuade him gently that his current site demands a major redo
without
offending him?

Build quality in what the chamber needs for their online identity(customers)
and tell
them where its lacking and what you can offer them.

After that, dont waste too much more time with this guy.

When you have to twist someone's arm to create a site for
them, you usually have to tear it off and beat them with it to get any real
money for
it.

IMHO,

-DG-