Subject: Re: FLASH: Horizons online rocket console --CRASH
From: Mike Grove
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:41:43 GMT

At 5:13 PM +0800 2/14/1999, zeug wrote these words of wisdom:

The Horizons online target acquisition and launch initiation site is now running in exhibition mode at the Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts, Western Australia. It consists of a flash interactive console in several frames with flash scripting, QT3 audio and video, some javascript and cgi, and a DHTML layer. It's reasonably stable at the moment although the html text elements need to be flashed to ensure consistency over browsers and platforms, and IE is currently excluded due to my inability to write cross-platform javascript to cover those monopolists at MS.

Hi, Malcolm........

Very cool interface and some creative ideas, I must say. However, after a couple of minutes the console crashed my browser. I'm on a PowerMac, NS 4.5, System 8.5.1.

If you're familiar with MacsBug, the Mac system debugging utility, I'd be happy to go back and re-crash in order to generate a log file of the crash for you.

Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------------ To UNSUBSCRIBE send: unsubscribe flasher in the body of an email to list-manageratshocker [dot] com. Problems to: owneratshocker [dot] com N.B. Email address must be the same as the one you used to subscribe. For info on digest mode send: info flasher to list-manageratshocker [dot] com