Subject: Re: FLASH: text question
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:01:15 GMT

Hi Yann,

Correction of my previous post. John.

> I'm building an interface that has a lot of text, have been taught to
> break it apart to keep the anti-aliasing down.
This is very bad advise and does not work.

> But each time I do this the size of my file goes sky high.
That would be the expected result if you break text apart if you use
more than one of the same letters in your movie.

In Flash you SHOULD use larger text or import the text as
bitmaps where anti-aliasing is not applied in the same manor as in text
and symbols. There is also DeviseFont which only works with Windows
95/98/NT, only if users have the exact Font installed on their computer
and does not even work very consistently even in Windows.

If you use bitmaps you may have inconsistent display
problems if you also set the movie size by percent.