Subject: Re: FLASH: looping a movie frame?
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:24:45 GMT

Hi Jeff,

> I am creating a scene which ends with a movie clip. If I end on the
> movclip frame, the movie rotates a CD Rom disk I created once. If I add
> frames, the movie seems to loop continuously if I put a referent to go to
> the frame of the first clip and play.
> What I would like it to do is play the rotation about 5 or 6 times and
> then stop and start the next scene.
Besides a Control Movie which I think I explained correctly the second
time you could change your movie clip's behaviour to Graphic if you
don't otherwise need to Tell Target it.

To use a MC as an animated graphic; place the MC (or animated graphic on
the main timeline with empty frames following the keyframe.
If you want to loop 5 times multiple the number of frames in your MC by
5 and subtract one (for the keyframe). This is tyhe number of empty
frames to add to the main timeline to allow an animated graphic to loop
(on the main timeline).

To change a MC's behavior to an animated graphic for looping go to its
Instance Properties (double click it on the stage) and change Behaviour
on the right to Graphic and select Loop.