Subject: FLASH: tell target problems
From: Kristin K. Rule
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:52:05 GMT

Ok Flashers. i am in desperate need of help here. I am having real
trouble with Tell Target and I am going crazy. I have a frame by frame
presentation. The user just hits the "next button" to go to each
frame. When the user comes to a frame, I want a movie clip to play that
runs 15 frames. It is a clip of text fading in with music. AFTER that
clip plays, I want another animated movie clip to play.

So, at the end of the first movie clip (in the last frame), I attached
the following actions:

stop
begin tell target
end tell target

then I target the instance name of the second movie clip like this:
/kookoo. Both of these movie clips are sitting in the same frame, but
in different layers on the maintime line.

what happens is that the sounds just play over each other. The second
movie clip doesn't wait until the first movie clip finishes
playing........ why, oh why is this happening? I can't figure it out?
can someone help me?

Thanks!

Kristin