Subject: Re: Hey Macromedia! Re: FLASH: Printing from Flash
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:08:26 GMT

Matt Wobensmith wrote:

> Mike -
>
> I am sure that I or anyone else could investigate your question if you were more specific. In other words, issue/expected behavior/steps to reproduce. Rather than try to figure out which version of
> Netscape, which Flash Player, and what specifically isn't working, I'll leave it to you to give us clear and concise ways to recreate this.

Matt,

Thanks for your response to this issue. Mike was referring to things we
discussed in the FLASH:Printing from Flash thread at the end of last
week. I'll repost what I said in the last post of that thread because I
think it gives pretty specific details about the conditions and problems
I/we encountered.

Thanks for any help you can pass our way with this.

Regards,
Helen
-----------

Mike Weiland wrote:
> As for Macromedia's
> example not working what browser are you using? I have found an error in
the
> example Flash movies architecture, I too had trouble printing from the
> banner ad and the HP example in Macromedia's gallery. They would crash
> Netscape.
Out of curiosity, I went back to see if I got the same results as you.
I cannot get the MM example to print in either Netscape 4.5 or IE 5.0
(WinNT)--either something is wrong with the _framesloaded loop or the
path to the tech sheet is wrong because it never returns from trying to
load it. The HP example gave me an error in Netscape ("a Plugin window,
An error occurred during this operation") but ran and printed fine from
IE. Neither example crashed Netscape, but they didn't work (print)
either. All the other print examples I tried (BMW motorcycles, map.com)
worked fine from Netscape. Would like to know what's up with the HP
example that makes it work in one browser and not the other!

i-Technica: Innovative Internet Solutions (http://i-Technica.com)
designerati-technica [dot] com
301-424-6037

flasher is generously supported by...