Subject: Re: FLASH: start timing question
From: Keith Holmes
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:25:53 GMT

***Near the end of this millennium John Croteau at 10:08 PM 1/21/99 -0500 said:
______________________*** Quoted Portion Starts ***___________________________
->Hi Keith,
->
->> Is there a way to start an animation 1 or 2 seconds later than when going
->> to a page? As in : DHTML script that executes first and then starts the
->> flash download. Javascript solution anyone?
->
->In JavaScript you could use the setTimeout and document.write all the
->Flash and put in a function that is called with a setTimeout function.
->
Thanks John for your reply! I think I need to go with a javascript function on this one since I need total control of when Flash starts to load. Flash likes to take control of screen space immediately and I need it to not load until after a short DHTML script executes and finishes. Could you point me in the right direction for a Javascript that would would allow me to start loading about 2 seconds after the page is loaded? (I'm a neophyte in Javascripting).
Again, many thanks
Kh