Subject: Re: FLASH: start timing question
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:58:53 GMT

Hi Keith,

> ->> Is there a way to start an animation 1 or 2 seconds later than
> when going
> ->> to a page? As in : DHTML script that executes first and then
> starts the flash download. Javascript solution anyone?
> ->In JavaScript you could use the setTimeout and document.write all
> the Flash and put in a function that is called with a setTimeout function.
> (I'm a neophyte in Javascripting).

I did give you the solution before and have given some sample code
below.
But the exact script depends on your present Flash HTML.

The problem is not the delay but the fact that ALL the Flash HTML needs
to be written in JavaScript. Each line of your HTML code needs to be
document written as below. Use as many document.write lines as you have
HTML lines for your Flash. The 'Line One' through whatever needs to be
substituted with the Flash <OBJECT , <PARAM>s, <EMBED etc. which all
need to be document written.

Syntax is very exact.
All double quotes (inside the double quotes shown below) need to be
replaced with single quotes.

The time in the setTimeout is in milliseconds.
2000 is 2 seconds and 3000 is 3 seconds.

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
<!--

function FlashMovie() {
document.write("Line One");