Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash/QuickTime convergence?
From: Erik [gearik] Mattheis
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 16:02:34 GMT

>Apple and Macromedia bring Flash to QT4 [14:51 EST, 1/22]

>Is this something that has been officially announced? Or at least is it a
>reliable rumour? Wild speculation? Wishful thinking?

No, it has not been officially announced, and Apple is conspicuously absent
from the list of partners in the Flash open format section of the
Macromedia site, but from a conversation with a QT4 beta tester I had last
week I think we can rely on this as more than speculation.

I read a rumor that Job's "big suprise" at the Macworld confrence was
supposed to be QT4, but the announcement was axed due to bugs found at the
last minute. I can say that that beta tester could be described as "struck
speechless" and I sensed the reason was as much because he was so in awe of
it than any confidentiality agreement he was in.