Subject: Re: WishList Compilation (was: Re: FLASH: Drawing a perfectcircle.....)
From: Joe Tait
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 05:01:41 GMT

>You are new to posting here. Where are you on the range between Newbie and
>John Croteau? (Heh, Hi John.)
>
>Just curious, not a qualifier.

_COMPLETE_ newbie : )

And I understand that any suggestions I make to the wish-list would, at
least initially, be somewhat superficial. Nevertheless, I have experience
with vector drawing programs in general (corel and illustrator mostly {as
well as some signmaking programs}), and have a pretty damn good
understanding of photoshop (if i do say so myself).

I have only recently gotten into web design, and before being de-virginized
w/ flash, totally unfamiliar w/ animation principles.

My main background is in making graphics for print/signmaking/computerized
routing. The technology and possibilities of the web was just too
intriguing for me to pass up, though, so I chose to teach myself some
programs in my spare time (i _really_ want to learn director).

But as far as assisting with the wish-list, I'll do what I am able to do. I
don't have enough spare time to organize anything, but it's in my vested
interest to contribute, so I will if solicited to.

>I joined this list in October, and have saved all the posts. I have seen the
>WishList concept come and go often. I know MM is watching, but, even as a
>still relative-newbie, I have the statistical and presentation skills
>(including spreadsheet and database work) to add to our impact.

That's great. I went to the site (mentioned in a recent post) with an
existing wish-list (sorry i forgot your name), and his suggestions looked
pretty solid overall, and I'm sure some people could come up with some more
offerings.

>I would like to see Flash become the tool it can be, in only *one* more
>iteration.

I'm sure all flash users agree, and a consolidated effort on our part in
trying to convey our needs/desires to macromedia is imperative in realizing
that goal. i just don't stand on a wide enough foundation of
experience/knowledge with flash to make any substantial proposals.

Joe