Subject: Re: FLASH: 4.0r26 HAS AUDIO PROBLEMS NOW . . . .
From: Matt Wobensmith
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:21:54 GMT

>for your own testing . . . goto:
>
>http://www.manleylabsflash.com/test.htm

I visited that link you sent. It didn't contain a Flash movie. Is there
another link that can demonstrate this issue for us?

I haven't heard of any problems with audio (or any others) with r26. If you
(or anyone else) thinks they have found something for us to look at, please
give us a concrete way of investigating.

Not to sound too basic, but we all run into problems from time to time. It
might be easy to jump to conclusions, seeing all this talk about plug-in
problems. In reality, bugs are quite rare compared to other problems people
run into.

For everyone - if you're looking for a way to start investigating Flash
problems, we have a TechNote that is intended to help people figure out
what's going on.

How to troubleshoot a Flash movie
ID #14218
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/troubleshootflash.htm

This includes situations where someone feels they may have found a bug.

In any case, we're highly receptive to isolating issues that may arise.
Ultimately, the best way to help us find them is to give us steps for us to
reproduce them, so that the cause can be isolated and a fix made, if
necessary.

Thanks -

Matt

Matt Wobensmith