Subject: Re: FLASH: PDF's in Flash
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:56:39 -0000

I wrote a program a little while back that opens documents with their
default program. Assuming Acrobat is installed, you can use the
program to get Flash to open PDFs. Of course, if Acrobat is not
installed, it won't work. You'll have to make Acrobat a requirement
of your user if you want to use PDFs. You can probably put it on
your CD with your presentation, and at the beginning of the
presentation, have a button to install it if the user doesn't have it.
If you're having trouble picturing how you'll actually do all this, make
sure you understand FSCommands for projectors...particularly 'Exec'.

The program's called 'runner' if you're interested:
www.neometrixsystems.com/exp/

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com