Subject: Re: FLASH: Problem with Quicktime
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 22:55:10 +0100

Hi Billie,

> Sorry, I saw the Quicktime question from yesterday, but I did not see any
> mail. So if you don't mind me asking again, it is impossible to have an
> .swf play a Quicktime movie? I assumed that an .swf would continue pointing
> to a QT and play it. Your response leads me to believe that Quicktime will
> only play when the entire Flash movie is published as Quicktime. Is that
> correct?
Quicktime import into Flash 4 is only there to allow adding (or timing)
Flash to Quicktime and exporting a QT 4 version including Flash.
The Quicktime will not be seen in any Flash swf export or in Test Movie.

You need to add frames after the keyframe in which you placed the
quicktime
icon in, until you see a x'd out frame. To see the quicktime movie in
Flash you can play or scrub on the timeline where the quicktime movie
was
placed on.