Subject: Re: FLASH: stop/start MP3 streaming
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 07:15:09 +0100

At 02:54 PM 7/30/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I'm creating an English language site (for a charity - it's free!) and I'm
>considering the options for including audio content in the course.
>
>I want to use Flash 4 to stream MP3 audio, but need to add 'start', 'stop'
>and possibly 'pause' buttons within the movie for the user to control the
>sound. Yes, I know this is a FAQ, but all the info I've found relates only
>to Flash 3 audio, specifically non-streamed audio.
>
>Can anyone point me to some info re. controlling an MP3 audio stream within
>Flash?

All you need to do is place three buttons on the main timeline, with no
other keyframes (so that they are present throughout the movie). For start,
assign the action "play" to the button. For pause or stop (same thing)
assign the action "stop." Note these will stop the main timeline animation
as well as the sound. If you just want the sound to stop, use either "stop
all sound" or use the sound dialogue box (in frame properties), select the
sound you're playing, and select "stop" for sync type. This will not stop
the animation, however you will not have a way to turn the sound back on
again without restarting it from the beginning.