Subject: checking to see if last variable has loaded
From: George Medve
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:20:29 -0000

How do I do this?

I have tried two variations and am not having a lot of luck.

I tried placing this on to a movieclip in the scene:

Variation 1)
============
I created a variable called "information=complete", which is at the end of
the variable list.
(the variable is loaded into '_root.flash_db' moviclip)

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (_root.flash_db.information eq "complete") {
_parent.gotoAndPlay("registration1");
}
}

Flash just seems to ignore this completely...I tried to place the same 'if'
statement into a keyframe and have create a loop back to the frame and this
does not help either.

Variation 2)
============
I have changed the variable to "information=registration1", (the variable is
loaded into '_root.flash_db' moviclip,'registration1' is the frame I want to
goto).

onClipEvent (data) {
_parent.gotoAndPlay(_root.flash_db.information);
}

This seems to be ignored too.

Can anyone help?

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/