Subject: FLASH: Graphics: What is the secret?
From: John Monfort
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:49:36 +0100

Hey everybody,

Ok, I give up! I need to know the secret.

I'm fairly new to flash (3+ months), so I usually read many manuals,
the mails on this list, or tutorials, before asking any questions. You
guys usually provide me with the answers, before I can ask it.

However, I'm still puzzled about the trick behind producing clear,
crisp, undistorted, graphics in flash.

What is the secret ? Someone, please send me a guide, tutorial, or
any documents that will guide me thru this process.

I use Firworks, Illustrator, Bryce 3D, and sometimes Paint Shop Pro.
I save my images in .png format, import them into Flash, and sometimes
'trace bitmap' them.

Nothing works, not even the Fireworks images. I always get the same
distorted image in the output (swf) file, even when I set the JPEG
quality to 100%.

How do you preserve the quality of a .gif, .jpg, or .png image?

Is the owner of martinee.co.uk on this list? If so, what did you use to
create the spinning 'martinee' logo?

How about you, David (of Full Throttle) ? It seems like most of your
images were built from flash, but I think you have a few imported
images in there. Have I been deceived?

Any help, from anyone, will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

- John (Pepie)
E. Engineering, Senior