Subject: Re: FLASH: Business practices...
From: Mike Weiland
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 05:57:56 +0100

Hi,

It sounds like you are a fulltime salaried employee (not a freelancer), if
this is the case then you do not own the work you did the company does. So
you are required to leave all work with the company. In some cases when you
leave a job you can't even take business cards that you might have picked up
over your tenure. It might seem extreme, if you have any questions take your
employee agreement to your lawyer. I have seen employee agreements where it
is stated that you can only take hard copy prints of your work for your
portfolio. Also, your lawyer will be able to tell you if it is a good idea
to take the FLAs or anything else for that matter with you, depending upon
your company and how far they will fight for their intellectual property it
might just be better to leave any and all files with the company.

Good luck,

Mike Weiland
Wasatch Interactive Learning
5250 S. Commerce Drive