Subject: FLASH: Plug-ins
From: Patrick Dunne
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 23:08:45 +0000 (GMT)

I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this problem:

I can't seem to get MSIE 4.01 to work with all Flash sites despite having
installed what I believe are the correct plug-ins. The following are all the
shockwave plug-ins I have installed: Shockwave Flash NP-PPC,
NP-MacPPC-AW-Shockwave,
NP-MacPPC-FH-Shockwave and NP-PPC-Dir-Shockwave.

I am running a G3 Macintosh on system 8.5. Under "preferences > active
content" I have enabled "plug-ins", "activeX" and "scripting".

This setup seems to work fine with some Flash sites ‹ Macromedia, for
example ‹ but not others. A recent failure is
http://kosher.nssd.com/rush/index.htm. What is so annoying is that I managed
to get this fine site working with Netscape 4.05.

With MSIE 4.01 I also seem to cause some Flash sites to suggest that I have
to download the plugin ... but then the site works anyway.

Does Flash work better with Netscape browsers or have I simply messed up the
preferences?

I would like to get both browsers working properly so I can test a Flash
site I am working on.

pat