Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash Detection question
From: Rob Brewster
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 23:27:19 +0000 (GMT)

Colin,

Thanks for taking the time to give me such a informative and well explained
answer. Really appreciate it. As I suspected it's not as straight forward
as I hoped but feel the approach you are using should do the job nicely.

Cheers
Rob

Robert Brewster BVSc MRCVS
Aztech Designs Pty. Ltd.
A.C.N. 084 024 555
Website: http://www.aztechdesigns.com
Email: Robataztechdesigns [dot] com

> Hi Robert,
> The code you found at MM probably isn't thorough enough for your
> requirements. A few things to know:
>
> 1) You can't detect the plug-in on IE.
> but
> 2) IE installs the ActiveX player automatically on all but Macs and
> Windows 3.1.
.
.
.