Subject: Re: FLASH: Communicating about adding Flash to apps
From: Jen Dugan
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:24:34 +0100

>I would suggest that people who are using Flash in places other than the web
>speak up about it in this list. Let us know what kind of cool stuff you're
>doing.

Once, I took a self-playing animation and recorded
it to VHS tape and projected it on a wall at a party.
We didn't have the means for proffessional output at
that time, so all I did was set up an external tv
monitor with a vcr connected, displayed the .swf
file full screen on the tv monitor and recorded
it directly. We were really concerned about image
quality, playback and colors (reds bleed on tv, etc.)
but it actually worked out quite nicely.

I have also used Flash movies as part of a CD-rom
presentation by running seperate .exe files. (with
help from a few on this list).

And now, I am looking into ways of incorporating
Flash .exe's for an installation, but director
may take over there...