Subject: FLASH: Communicating about adding Flash to apps
From: Bill Wagner
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:26:13 +0100

I would suggest that people who are using Flash in places other than the web
speak up about it in this list. Let us know what kind of cool stuff you're
doing.
For Example:
Yesterday, we pulled a six button menu out of our app (it used VB standard
buttons with WMFs on them for graphical representation of their function)
and switched to Flash. Benefits: changing the Flash movie automatically
changes it in the app. This speeds development time and puts the GUI design
in the hands of a designer, not a programmer since the projects are now
semi-independent. File Size is chopped tremendously. The whole animated menu
with six movie clips all more than ten frames each is smaller than one of
the WMF button labels. The code is way cleaner too, one function handles all
the buttons. We've seen a significant speed increase as well.

Bill Wagner
Media Coordinator