Subject: Re: FLASH: Communicating about adding Flash to apps
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:02:06 +0100

Bill,

The only microsoft visual I use is C++, and yes using Flash for GUI
elements does speed up development time and decrease app size, plus you
get graphical effects the could be programmed in other ways but would
add considerably to development time and compiled size.
Another area that this idea is useful is in Java. Flash and Swing make
for a killer combo when creating GUI's. The increased development speed
is noticeable but unfortunately on this side we can only use Flash2,
anyway it's a way to get vector graphics into Java and I think
Macromedia should seriously consider this avenue of development.
Director was a first step in the right direction.