Subject: Re: FLASH: track like menu
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:39:38 +0100

Tommy D'Aquino wrote:

> In a page I'm designing, I want to have some rollover menu items. I was
> looking at the sample, but it's pretty difficult to understand. Could
> someone (-DG-) :), please give an overview of the process?

Hiya Tommy,

Read my "tip o' the day" on "Dummy buttons" and from that you can get a good
idea of tell target. Are you trying to create "sub menus"? If so, you can use
either "tell target"
or embed the submenus as MCs in the main button's "over" state.
Create the MC with its own buttons, when the viewer rolls over the button it
will trigger the MC with the sub menu with its buttons. However using "tell
target" routine would be more advised. A basic "tell target" button routine is
simply a button telling a MC to goto a certain frame.
In this "frame" of the MC, you have a "action" and/or animation.
Simply place you "sub-menu in this MC's timeline with its own buttons.
YOu can get crazy with the hierchy, so dont hurt yourself. =8>)-

HTH,

-DG-