Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Designers Wanted
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:35:46 +0100

At 01:15 PM 10/21/98 -0400, you wrote:

>No insult to you Marc,
>
>But for the other develops of Flash that lack in the "marketing field" it
should
>never be misunderstood how much someone gets paid for a project. There
should be
>forms/contracts sent by fax or by snail mail with signatures and usually a
>deposit.

>-DG-

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Again, my problem with Coolbananas may
have been my own fault. But essentially I agreed to do an overnight rush
job to get started on the project, with the understanding a contract would
be in the next day's mail (my fax was defunct). I think there are
situations where it may make sense to work on that sort of temporary basis
when the client has an emergency. The guy (Dan) sounded fine on the phone
and I took a calculated risk. And I want to emphasize, he may be fine and
maybe we merely needed clearer communication. But I'm also suggesting
folks be cautious with him because of the problem. And no, I'm not
insulted at all, David. I greatly appreciate your emphasis on artists
sticking up for their right to be paid.

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>