Subject: Re: FLASH: convert scene to a movie clip
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:32:59 +0100

markc wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Having made one version of a movie with multiple layers and multiple
> scenes, and having covered more of the manual, I've decided it would be
> better to create a number of movie symbols and load them into a 'master'
> movie.
>
> So, my problem is .... how can I take all of my layers and frames from
> one scene, and convert that into a movie symbol?
>
> I've tried using 'edit multiple frames' (with all the layers set to
> nornal), 'select all', then 'create symbol' - 'movie symbol', but I only
> get a one frame movie symbol instead of 100+ frames.
>
> I've tried (with all layers set to normal) shift-clicking across all the
> frames and all the layers, and then 'copy frames' and trying to paste
> that into a blank movie symbol .... no go.

That is very odd. I do copy frames and paste them into a new movie or a
new movie clip all the time. Maybe if you write down step by step the
procedure your using for copy frames and paste frames into new movie or
new movie clip I could see where the probelm is.

Dorian

> So am I correct in thinking that the only way to create a movie symbol
> is to create a blank symbol first, and build it up within the symbol
> itself, rather than by transferring a number of frames and layers from a
> movie?
>
> Any help offered would be truly appreciated, (and enable me to avoid
> having to start from scratch again :-)
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Carter. Senior Consultant - Multimedia,
> MCSB Systems (M) Berhad, Malaysia.
> Tel: (603) 241 7400 ext 2262 Fax: (603) 248 8010
>
> MCSB ServicePAK - IT Support Services
> "Your Service Assurance Plan"
> http://www.mcsbsystems.com/servicepak/

Dorian Nisinson Design
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)

The Flash Fortune Teller
Ask and you shall be answered!
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm

Flash Central-- The Source for Flash Information
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

http://www.bway.net/~dorian
Graphic Design, Illustration, Flash Design
Photoshop 4 Actions too