Subject: RE: UKNM: internet tv?
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:54:21 +0100

The biggest problem is going to be displaying the content on the low res,
low quality CRT tube that is in most tellies. Horizontal lines flicker like
a bugger because the display is interlaced, and pure white is a no-no (which
most web sites seem to use as a background colour), and red bleeds all over
anything it touches, and text needs to be considerably larger in point size,
and certain colour combinations cause visual artefacts, and some regular
repeating patterns will coincide with the interlacing and low resolution to
give lovely moiré effects, and you are unlikely to want to deal with
multiple windows on one screen, and and and...

Perhaps a better option is to buy a PC with a 25 inch SVGA monitor and stick
a TV tuner card in it :o)

Robin

--
Robin Edwards
Clockworx

[Sam says: msg chopped]

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036