Subject: RE: UKNM: great ad, bad marketing?
From: Richard Gale
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:50:31 +0100

Charles

I agree that it is fascinating to see who is saying what, and when you can
see the company that these people come from it adds a further dimension. My
only point was that whatever we say, there is an implication that the
views/attitude of the person reflect the company.

For example, Tim (who's getting to much praise anyway at the moment) has
done JWT a great PR job by showing his intelligent attitude towards the
client/agency issue. This reflects well on JWT, though in reality if you use
JWT you may never even meet Tim.

I think that people should continue to be open.

Rich

PS.....on great adverts/bad marketing.

smile.co.uk - some of the best TV ads I have seen for a dotcom, with great
branding, targeting etc. But then you see the press ads (two color and
rather dull) and then you go to the site (nothing like the adverts, and
reflecting non of the brand values of the adverts). This, I think, is the
main issue that faces us, how do you transfer the branding/positioning
statements onto the actual website.