Subject: Re: UKNM: Customer Services
From: Dan Winchester
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:52:38 GMT

> A friend of mine is shortly launching a service whereby they provide
> independent and anonymous monitoring of websites for companies

I started a shopping directory (yawn!) about 6 months ago, populated by
emailing
online shops and asking them to provide a few customer services details, eg
email address and phone number.

Anyway, the response rate was fairly low, with most shops just ignoring my
email. Initially this was a problem, but now I just list them anyway,
including
how long it has been since they were first emailed and whether or not they
ever
bothered to reply...

Worst offenders so far:

Black Bottle
contacted 71 days ago, still no response...

kitbag.com
contacted 69 days ago, still no response...

Virgin Mobile
contacted 67 days ago, still no response...

Dixons
contacted 67 days ago, still no response...

bigsave.com
contacted 64 days ago, still no response...

Ready2shop
contacted 58 days ago, still no response...

Apologies if this constitutes shameless self-promotion (I guess it probably
does...) Hope it is of some interest nevertheless!

Cheers
Dan Winchester
Freelancers.net