Subject: RE: UKNM: Dead email accounts
From: Ana Machado da Silva
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:14:59 +0100

in my experience, as someone who owns a few free email accounts, the emails
pile up until a certain point and if I don't delete them, then hotmail or
yahoo will delete a few of the old emails for me. Accounts only get
cancelled if you don't use them or check them regularly (I don't know the
time limit they give you). These accounts are designed for the user and not
the advertisers (yet!) so I don't think you would get any information
concerning what happened to your emails. Hotmail also has a "bulk mail"
facility which means that I have a folder which collects all the junk mail
from advertisers and I can delete them in one go without reading them - a
few still get through so may be you have to look into how they divide the
incoming mails between those I MIGHT read and those I will never set eyes
on..