Subject: FLASH:DRAWING TOOLS: Create a corner
From: Tommy D'Aquino
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 13:50:27 +0100

Hi, I'm new to this list and pretty new to Flash as well. I apollogize if
this has been covered before but...

In Flash 3, the Help states that if you want to create a sharp corner in a
line, CNTRL-drag the point at which you want the corner to appear. This
doesn't work. The control-drag looks the exact same as normal drag,
shift-drag, command-drag, etc. Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

BTW, if you're interested in seeing the first animation I did in Flash
(which ended up just being an animated gif due to client requests), it's at
http://www.dvinci.com/AirMan It's kinda cute, check it out.

Thanks for any suggestions on the corner thing.

Just in case anyone else struggles with this same problem, I do have a
workaround (at least this gets more control on your curves). Simply select
the area where you want to make your corner or bend (drag a marquee around
a small area) then deselect it. The next time you click to manipulate
that area, your curve will begin from the area you had previously selected.

Hope that can help someone!

Tommy D'Aquino

DAQ Productions
http://www.fred.net/tommydaq

"Well... You were dead!" - Princess Buttercup