Subject: RE: FLASH: Content on this List (OT)
From: Raj
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 13:48:34 +0100

Hello to the list,

Since the topic of how to make the list more efficient and useful to
everyone is in focus once again let me please pipe in and put in my two
bits.

I just can't understand why people can't / do not take the effort of simply
trimming out mails when they reply to the list. All it takes is a little
time and helps to structure your reply too.

And an even greater abuse of bandwidth occurs when a reply / post does not
even bother to snip out the " UNSUBSCRIBE " message from the original post
to which they reply. It is really not a sign of good netiquette to not do
so. Editing posts may be a bit tedious but surely snipping out the normal
headers etc. is not too much to ask for.

I know some people might think that I am going over the top with my ranting
here BUT take a moment to think why FLASH ever came about in the first
place. FLASH is a streaming technology !!! and it was developed to stream
precisely because the Internet was / is too slow to give more dynamic and
graphical content. And the sluggishness of the Internet is also due to abuse
of bandwidth which in its individual form does not amount to much BUT minute
abuses all over add to the blockage !

So think twice before replying / posting and please try and use the
bandwidth carefully because the more you conserve on the bandwidth ,
remember that somewhere / someplace on the Internet a FLASH site loads
faster ;)

And maybe we can soon do away with all these " Preloader's " .... not that
there is anything wrong with having preloaders

just my 2 stones in the pond ...

Cheers

Raj
rajat3rdeye [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:rajat3rdeye [dot] co [dot] uk)

PS -- Any flames should be sent to my personal address plz.

****** SNIPPED ***

*** SNIPPED*****