Subject: RE: FLASH: GGGGRRRR Yahoo! and Shockwave
From: CurtisB
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:03:48 +0100

BUG UPDATE: This morning I received email from shockwave engineers asking me
for details of my problem and offering support. My problem has been
duplicated and they are working on a fix.

>>For your situation, if the core of your paragraph comes down to "What's a
>>way that people think they installed Shockwave but the computer tells them
>>they didn't?" then this is covered in the installer screens -- the initial
>>browser shim checks for the system-level player and downloads it if
>>necessary.

jd, my concern as a developer is not someone thinking they've installed
Shockwave and the computer telling them they didn't--it's much more basic: I
just want to see my own developed content in my own browser on my own
computer and right now I CAN'T. Of course, as a developer, I'm extrapolating
to imagine one of my clients going to view the content and have the same
problem.

Macromedia has been responsive thus far, and I hope they'll be able to find
a fix for the situation and (more importantly) fix the software soon. I'll
summarize the details of the bug and the fix and post them to this list when
the problem is resolved.

Curtis