Subject: Re: FLASH: Publish 3 and 4
From: Robert Koberg
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:10:07 +0100

I bet 80% of the people on this list don't even know what this discussion is
about. They are not HTML coders. They were given a tool and told they don't
need to know html with our handy new publish feature.

> Ok, so we are talking about publishing Flash movies, right ? A Flash3
> movie under Flash4 with proper html. I understand what you are talking
> about. A professional Flash user choses export as Flash3 and let's the
> html template on default. OK, he will be producing a Flash3 movie that
> requests a Flash4 player. If this professional user does not know what
> he is doing and finds it strange that the update kicks in when the page
> is viewed from a browser with a level 3 player then in fact this
> professional user is a diletant. I know this is rather harsh and I
> understand the in the States you might have more relaxed requirments,
> but if you are being paid for your work then you should know what you
> are doing.

Ummm... where do you think this technology is being developed (not just
MM's) and used for the most part. Do you think its France?

> "Furthermore, the SW702 is the farthest thing from ridiculous. It's an
> uphill battle that *has* to be fought, and I'm beginning to wonder if
> you've
> seen that, either. Call a matter of opinion, but what do you do when
> it's a
> client opinion versus your own?"
>
> I did not say the SW702 was ridiculous I said and maintain that some of
> the discussion around it is. I would like to know what issues with SW702
> have not been taken up by Macromedia and that you see as concerns.
> Please refer to Macromedias statement and list of corrections as
> outlined in DM's phased approach and include only those that are not
> addressed. It will, I think be far more productive than the recent
> Macromedia bashing we have seen of late, that has evolved into personal
> bashing showing how devoid of reason it is.

Most people are finding out they want more than the bone thrown.