Subject: Re: FLASH: Projector question
From: Brad Bechtel
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:43:01 GMT

As far as I know, there is no way to make a projector file run automatically from within your email. As a security issue, I would not want this sort of thing to happen within my email. This may be different for you if you're working with a known set of clients and you trust each other. I scan for viruses even if I get something from another Flash team member.

Brad Bechtel
Paranoid Flash QA

========

My customer wants to send presentations via e-mail to his clients, building a projector and attaching it to the e-mail seems the best way, and he likes what we have done for him.

The only problem is that he wants the attachment to run on being clicked. At present when the attached projector is clicked the user is forced to save it to his hard drive before running it. Is there any way of making it self-extracting?