Subject: Re: FLASH: next page
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:03:48 GMT

At 06:39 PM 12/11/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Jamie,
>
>Sorry, I wasn´t clear at all. What I´d like to do is navigate in my site
>with the same swf movie, like a go back arrow.
>
>Say my site has 10 pages, what I need is to find a way to give the Flash
>movie some kind of "relative url action" so that I can place the same "swf
>back arrow" in every page and it will always go back to the previous page.
>
>Would a single "swf arrow" allow me to specify a different url in every page
>of my site and go to page 8 if I am in page 9 or to page 7 if I am in page 8
>without loading a different "swf arrow in every page"?

Give the swf a frame for each URL, with a stop action in each frame. In
the first frame, apply the Get URL action, plus a Go To The Next Frame
action, to the button. Copy the button's keyframe to a new keyframe in
every frame. Then edit the new keyframes so that each one calls a
different URL (in sequence of the pages you're calling). The Back button
works just the same, only the actions are Get URL and Go To The Previous
Frame. you can't go forward from the last page, or back from the first
page, so adjust these buttons accordingly (e.g. make them empty and fill
them with the HTML bg color).

Marc Hoffman