Subject: FLASH: Days of idiocy and utter frustration
From: Len Harrison
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 23:27:20 GMT

Hello Flashfolk,

First off, retractions on my last post re duplicated symbols. I think. As
far as I can tell, that appeared to work until I tried it in my *real* movie
and not a simple test flash. Then I had to go to a unique separate symbol
identical to the first. Maybe I was confused the first time. I dunno.

This seems to be a day of total brain-dead idiocy on my part, on of those
times when nothing seems to work as expected and you find yourself spending
hours on what you expected would take a few minutes. So here's the latest,
same screen, same gimmick as before:

Past three movie clips refuse to activate on rollover. BUT, if I cut and
paste them into a blank test movie, they work fine, code and all. I cannot
tell what the difference is. Any ideas why an object would work if you cut
it from movie A and pasted it into movie B without making any changes to it,
when it wouldn't work in movie A? Maybe I got up too early?

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com