Subject: Re: FLASH: Browser types
From: Natasha
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 06:52:56 GMT

Daniel Votino wrote:

> May I ask a silly question?
> Isn't it really "our" job to see that the world utilizes the current plugs
> and browsers? "Our" being the "developers"?

--------------------------SNIP--------------------------------
Daniel, that's not a silly question at all.
It's one that that will be addressed when developers/ artists like us become
management. Will that happen? Perhaps, That's what drives artistic progress but
not our paychecks.
(Rant on)
A program like Flash is seen on only about one to two percent of the web sites
and this is why.
It's expensive, complex, and takes effort to learn. (Management is lazy) they
would rather throw money in the air and tell folks "like us" what they want, how
they want it to look, and just want it done.
(Rant off)
What a browser sees and how it shows your work is an important issue to learn.
It keeps you ahead of the game. A paycheck works too.
Just a thought.......

440.949.1399
http://www.y2klinks.com
The hub of the Year 2000 Millennium resource Site Ring
The Year 2000 Conference center
And Millie! The first Artificial Intelligence compiled Year 2000 Millennium
resource knowledge base.
http://www.pccheck.com
If it's Freeware or Shareware and Y2K
we're gonna have it.