Subject: Re: FLASH: The best Flash site ever?
From: David Gary
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 02:39:42 +0100

Brad Merritt wrote:

> >>How much will it cost to "blow me away"?
> >>
> >>-DG-
> >>

> >Dave, I think those kinda sites can only virtually "blow you" away! :)
> >
> > ok, now THAT was prolly a bad judgement call! :)
> >
> It makes me sad that all this has come from one of my mails. I really think
> the guy who made the site I posted deserves more attention than someone who
> is trying to purposefully offend everyone on this list.

Hiya Brad,

IMHO,

Developing sites for those purposes is incredibly damaging to one's portfolio.
It's of bad taste in 98% of people's minds and can put a stain on an,
otherwise,
great artist or designer's reputation. I think it simply points to an
incompetent way of representing or marketing yourself. No matter how great the
design interface is, when I look at that crap, it totally blows any respect I
have for the artist. Don't mean to get on a "high horse" here, I love beautiful
women, but women who potray themselves like that are a total turn off. The
"designers" who promote them usually are people who cant manage themselves
professionally.

I think you coulda just gave a slight warning as to what content was there.

What other kinda response did you think you'd get?

You got what you deserved.

-DG-